Source: DOC ID 429924.1
In this Document
Oracle Item Master – Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EXECUTABLE:INCOIN – Import Items
FORM:INVIDITM.FMB – Define Item Information
This document includes all versions of Oracle EBS 11i and R12 and later
The purpose of this document is to provide a trouble shooting guide for identifying and correcting Open Item Interface Errors that begin with: INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD
When rows fail the Import Items process due to an INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD_1n error, it means that one or more master controlled attributes do not have the same value in the master organization item as in the child organization item. Since the Import Items process re-edits every attribute upon an update to one attribute, the mismatch of attribute values may be within the Item Master (MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_B). Otherwise, the mismatch can be introduced with the update being made via the MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE table.
Currently, the INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD errors range from INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD_1A to INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD_1K. Each individual error message denotes a specific set of attributes.
If you have error_messages that are not documented below, dump the contents of INVPVM1B.pls to see all error_messages and associated attributes. This .pls file can be found in directory $INV_TOP/patch/115/sql.
Resolving INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD errors involves the following general steps:
1) For the encountered error, first determine which of the effected attributes are controlled at the master level for your company.
2) Determine by failed item which attribute(s) has values that are different between the master organization item and the child organization item.
Options for Correcting INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD errors:
1) If the child item attribute value is correct, update the master item online (Navigation: Inventory / Items / Master Items) and all values will be changed for all organizations. You may also load corrections to the master item into MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE and run the Item Import process in UPDATE mode.
2) If the Master Item attribute value is correct, reload the child item (with corrected values) into MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE and rerun Item Import.
The below table has each specific error message. The SQL scripts needed for each specific error can be obtained by clicking on the error, and the sql will download in a ‘.txt’ file.
IOI_MASTER_CHILD_EXAMPLE.txtFor a sample of the output you would see after running second script in the download, which determines which item attributes are a problem for each error:
Updates to the Inventory Item Master MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_B MSIB table are made via the Master Items Form or via Open Item Interface.
Development typically does not provide datafixes for the MSIB table. Data should be changed and fixed via the Item Master for or the Open Item Interface.
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
1. ONLINE Correction of the Master Organization Item:
Go into the responsibility: Inventory.
Navigate to Items / Master Items
Locate the attributes that show different values across organizations and change the attributes to the desired value and save.
2. CORRECTIONS via OPEN ITEM INTERFACE
Load UPDATE transactions in MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE MSII for the Master Organization Item.
Load CREATE or UPDATE transactions in MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE for the child organization item.
Those needing help with this step should see note: Note 268968.1 – Understanding Item Import & Debugging problems with item.
3. Retest the issue.
4. Migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.
NOTE:268968.1 – Understanding Item Import and Debugging Problems with Item Import
NOTE:1509148.1 – Getting Errors INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD When Attempting to Assign Items to Child Organizations through Import Items (INCOIN)
BUG:5081991 – DATA-FIX IOI ERRORS-INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD_1E,INV_IOI_MASTER_CHILD_1G